28 November 2012

Cheesiness @ Its Finest.

For the past couple of days, I have been wondering how this certain woman could've played this certain man. I don't quite understand how she was able to break his heart, lie to his face, make a fool out of him, and take him for granted. 

I have had my own share of crappy relationships with crappier men, but I have never treated any of my exes as cruelly as she had treated him. It breaks my heart to know that for 8 years, she was able to turn her back on him overnight, just because she was having fun flirting with other men. 

I could never think of leaving a long-term partner for someone whom I've just started knowing. Love just doesn't work that way. So, I'm still asking the same questions over and over again. How and why could she have done that?

Spending almost every night with him, I have come to appreciate him more and more. He is the epitome of a perfect boyfriend, if ever there was one in existence. He makes me feel ultimately special and wanted, without really saying anything sweet, or without really pulling corny or sappy lines on me. 

He is still shy, reserved, and... somewhat innocent. Sure, he knows how to tell green jokes, but his intentions are always clear, and I have never felt offended or a bit off with his stories and what-not. He's too fragile, yet he makes me feel secure. 

I have not yet fully established my feelings for him, nor have I given it a label, but I know that's not far from happening, and eventually materializing. All I know is that right as of this moment, I do not want to hurt nor disappoint him. He has gone through so much, and I don't have it in me to aggravate him more. He definitely does not deserve it. 

The first time he held me in his arms, I honestly thought my heart would explode right then and there. The first time he kissed my forehead, and brushed strands of hair off my face, I honestly thought I would faint with the gentle gestures. 

I don't fully understand how he can make my heart beat that fast, and how he can put a permanent smile on my face without really exerting effort. His mere existence is enough to make me giddy, and when our eyes meet, triple the giddiness. I can get lost in those beautiful brown eyes. 

Aside from the "physical thrill" he gives me, the emotional bit is the cherry on top of it. His natural sincerity always puts me on edge, and it's amazing how he is all that and more, yet he doesn't even know it. 

I am in awe with all that he is, and though I have clearly set a limit to whatever "-ship" we have, I know that in time, I just might break down my own walls, and let him in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment