21 November 2012

One for the Road


Wasted time and sorry tears all fall down the drain yet again.


Back to square one, not the slightest idea how to get my way out one more time.


Stupid chances and damn regrets; might as well throw it all away—each and every single one.


Mirrored apathy and disheveled illusions embrace my mind as I look back on all the changes that took place ever since our paths crossed.


Feeling every inch beat when I hear your broken record of anger, sorrow and anything but witty comebacks.


Maybe this time the fight is all but over, or it could actually be done once and for all.


Hurling all I can; screaming infidelities, crashing waves and falling stars all rolled into one.


Holding the good memories, trying to block the bad ones, wishful thinking that never goes old.


In the end, though, all to no avail.


A definite ending to an inconsistent beginning.


I’m just tired of it all and yet I’m not letting the end of the rope slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment